The Sunshine State is one of America’s top travel destinations, and it’s also an excellent place to call home. Many people who visit here on vacation fall in love with the climate, the culture and the coast – in short, the Florida lifestyle. Thinking about making a move? Discover why Florida is the perfect fit for you and your family below.
1. Beaches – There’s just something relaxing about living near the beach. In Fort Myers, gorgeous sandy beaches are always just a few moments away. Salty breezes, coastal views and strolls along the beach benefit your physical health and your state of mind.
2. Warm Weather – Through the winter when much of the country is suffering with ice, snow, storms and cold weather, you’ll be basking in the sunshine in your flip-flops. Sip a cocktail next to the pool, and try not to brag.
3. Rising Housing Market – Data from Florida’s realtors shows that homes in the state are experiencing higher median prices, fewer days on the market, and more new listings than in 2013. Buying a house here is a smart investment.
4. Maritime Culture – Living on the coast makes you part of Florida’s vast maritime culture. Go deep sea fishing, cruise a motorboat along Fort Myers’s many canals, or head out to sea on a sailboat to experience freedom like never before.
5. Family-Friendly Atmosphere – Small children as well as seniors are part of your family – and they’re part of the community in Florida. Discover plenty of services and amenities designed for the young and old, from early bird dinner specials to children’s entertainment.
6. No State Income Tax – You won’t have to pony up for state income tax when you live in Florida, because it doesn’t exist. Florida is one of the few states that let you keep your hard-earned money. Save your cash instead, or spend it on a new boat, wardrobe update or family vacation.
7. Palm Trees – Swaying high above the beaches and streets, Florida’s beautiful palm trees evoke a vacation mentality. Even when you’re just walking to work or driving to the store, you’ll get a sense of living the good life – because you are. Welcome to Florida.
8. Excellent Universities. Got kids? When they reach college age, they’ll have numerous nearby universities to choose from that rank among the world’s best: the University of Miami, University of South Florida, University of Florida, and Florida State University.
9. Coastal Cuisine – From fresh Atlantic seafood and spicy Latin dishes to Florida’s famous oranges, there’s no shortage of delicious food to eat in this fair state. Indulge in Southern comfort foods, hot Cuban sandwiches, fruity Caribbean specialties and more.
10. World-Famous Attractions – No list about the Florida lifestyle is complete without mentioning the state’s legendary amusement parks, scenic Everglades, NASA headquarters, tropical islands and Miami’s iconic neighborhoods. You can vacation in your own backyard, without ever stepping foot in an airport.
CALL THE WALTER TEAM TODAY TO FIND THE PERFECT FLORIDA LIFESTYLE FOR YOU. PH# 239-821-0994